While I’m more than ready for the fresh start that 2017 portends, 2016 was a busy and exciting year for me. This quick review allows me to share not only my news–but also many of the career advancing resources I created along the way. I hope you and your colleagues find them helpful.
Coaching Client Success
My career transition clients continue to field multiple offers while landing great jobs at companies like Disney and CREDO Mobile, and in multiple industries including healthcare and nonprofit management. Thanks in part to a mention on Quora by a client who landed at Microsoft, my niche specialty of working with product managers in the tech world continues to grow.
I’ve been adding more executive coaching clients to help people become more effective leaders, particularly in the area of healthy, assertive communication.
Helping Organizations Thrive
- Delivered my third Career Summit–a two-day job landing boot camp–for undergraduates at the University of Virginia. Hear their key takeaways in their own words (1 minute)!
- Designed and led staff and/or board development experiences for multiple organizations including CBRE and JCC Chicago.
- Continued as the resident career coach for 30+ recent or soon-to-be college graduates participating in the Nachshon Project, and as an instructor in the White House-recognized LA Fellows program.
- Presented “Advance Your Career With Social Media” (see the online version) at the LA chapter meetings of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) and International Coach Federation (ICF).
Media + resources for you
- Created Career Hacks, an ongoing series of 3-minute videos offering atypical career advice from the files of my career consulting practice. Watch them all here!
- Grew Career University–my on-demand career webinar platform–with great new courses on Elevator Speeches and Kick Starting Your Job Search with career experts (and friends!) Tom Henschel and Alyson Garrido.
- Discussed How to Ask for Career Help on “Coaching for Leaders,” a Top 10 iTunes Career Podcast.
- Shared Career Strategies from the Acting and Improv Worlds and Career Change Essentials (start at minute 7) during two appearances on LA Talk Radio.
Cubs win World Series!
My only role was flying right over Cleveland on the afternoon of Game 7 on my way to Boston to lead a series of career workshops, “raining” down all the positive Cubbie vibes I could muster.
I wish you a healthy and fulfilling 2017.
What do you want to achieve for yourself or your organization this year? Please let me know if you’d like to schedule a free strategy session.